Sunday, August 15, 2010

Glencoe - Rectangler, Flat, and Crashes

Seems like, all I can really say about this short rectangle course. The 2nd to last corner, gave many riders a problem. Not sure why. Just one rider would go down. Not the others. They all landed in same spot too. Race started with 44 women. Nice big field. I wanted to stay in the top six. For some reason my instant set in that it might be better to stay back further. So I stayed about 13th rider or so. Ended up working harder, but save me from the crashes. I had a hard time staying on wheels. The field seemed very shaky, sketchy and nervous. I felt like riders where targeting me or something not sure what to call it. Every time I would make a move up or to the side, some one would get all nervous and jump ahead or race in front of me.

About 5 laps to go. Janette Rho my Friend, went down 2nd to last corner. Not sure what happened. I was feeling bummed out for her. My mental game was gone. They didn't neutralize our race at first which made me a bit upset because the medic truck was on the course. Of course we slow every time we hit that corner. So why not just neutralize us. They eventually stopped our race and gave us 4 laps. 1 lap as neutral and 3 to go.

They started us again. Just feeling aggressive. I knew what my plan was but I didn't have the mindset to kick it in. At 2 laps to go, I still didn't make my move. Last lap, I moved up a bit and I managed to pass some riders. Took the last corner and got out of the saddle and sprinted to take 12th place. I want to thank Glencoe for putting on a great race day. Great Job.

Congrats to all my team mates who raced Glencoe. It was awesome watching Kristen Meshberg and Devon out there. Very fun time. Kristen will have her full blog report. I'm sure of it.

Next up is maybe Winfield Criterium and then Gateway Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment