Sunday, June 27, 2010

ToAD - A Great Experience to Learn & Grow From.

If I could sum up my Toad experience in a sentence it would be that " It's not just about my physical ability that counts out there, it's my mental ability too. Not every race will be a great race for me. Quote from my coach Madeleine. So here is how my last two races went.

On Saturday I raced the Downers Criterium in Milwaukee, WI. I was feeling rested and ready to race. Took a few laps around. Warmed up in my trainer. Race started. My focus was to stay in the field and take the corners with confidence. Turn 2. Sharp corner. I was having a tough time, taking the corner with others around me. Until something came over me. I knew then what I needed to do. Last lap, after the 1st turn. I attacked. 2nd turn, as I was taking it, I wasn't far enough on the outside to take the turn on the inside. I touched my breaks slightly. I still had them chasing me but it wasn't for long. I looked behind. Never look back! -- just go go. Right before the last corner some sprinters went off, and I sprinted to take 13th Place out of 35 women.


On Sunday, I raced the last race of Toad in Waukesha, WI. Rain was coming down. I was hoping it would stay but it cleared up. In my opinion, this was one of the most challenging courses for me. Turn 1 was a narrow and sharp. Turn 2 was bumpy and the start of the downhill part. Race started. One women gunned it from the start. I was taken by surprise. I had poor position taking turn 1. I had to push hard to keep up. Then the downhill. 2nd lap, I lost the break of 8 or so women. I was very close to bridging up. I was a little disappointed that I didn't yell out the women behind me to take a pull and help to. She torn past me and said hang on after all the work I did to get close to the break. It bothered me. I think I mentally shut down the fight to bridge up. So I rode with the 2nd group just rode the rest of the race.

Congratulations to everyone that raced ToAD. It was a fantastic race series. I took away so much experience and learning from this series and what I would do for next year.


Happy 4th of July. Enjoy the Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment